Weight-Loss Tips For Late-Night Snackers
It’s not easy to fall asleep with a growling stomach, and it’s harder to ignore the temptation to snack when you’re watching what you eat!
Eating a healthy, hearty dinner to tide your body over is important. If you forgo dinner to feed the kids or help them finish homework, you are more likely to give into the snack cravings at night. A balanced dinner includes enough fiber and protein to nourish your body and sustain you for a good few hours. A light snack may be all you need later to curb that desire for another bite. While eating late at night doesn’t trigger weight gain, it can if you overdo it and inhale huge portions. Follow these tips if you want to eat a little something at night without expanding your waistline.
- Save some for later: Figure out how many daily calories are right for you, and allot a certain number to that late-night snack. Keep track of what you eat in a food journal or on your phone, so you know you can eat a 150-calorie serving of chocolate guilt-free because you know you’ve saved up for it.
- Have a go-to list: Wandering aimlessly into the kitchen without knowing specifically what you want to munch on is a surefire way to reach for everything in sight from pretzels to cookies — and inhale hundreds of calories within minutes. Arm yourself with a list of snacks that are both satisfying and 150 calories or fewer. Decide what you want before walking into the kitchen. Instead of ice cream try a serving of plain or Greek yogurt topped with a drizzle of honey and a few berries.
- Measure and be done: Once you decide what to eat, whether it’s popcorn or a bowl of cereal, measure out the appropriate serving, leave the kitchen, and sit down to enjoy it. Avoid eating straight out of the ice cream pint or while standing at the kitchen counter, because you’re more likely to keep going back for more (and more!).
- Grab a bottle: Fill a reusable water bottle or a glass with nature’s beverage, and sip a few ounces after each bite of snack. The water will help you feel full and satisfied without adding any calories.
- Download your FREE gift “7 Easy Steps To A New Healthy You” from Ashvini’s website.
- Buy her book Small Steps to Slim here
- If you find yourself struggling and ready to take control of your life and your health, please contact Ashvini at 610-648-6260 or schedule a 30 minute complimentary consultation on her website or email her at [email protected] Check out her nutrition tip video https://vimeo.com/110543525